FAOPMA-Pest Summit 2017
Theme: New Perspectives of IPM in Urban and Public Health in Asia and Oceania
Venue: The Empress Chiang Mai Hotel, Chiang Mai, Thailand.
Date: 22 – 24 November 2017.
21 November 2017
1400 – 1800: Registration
22 November 2017
0700 – 0900: Registration
0900 – 1000: Opening Ceremony, Speeches and Tea break.
Welcoming speech – Organizing Chairman (5 min)
Welcomng speech – FAOPMA President (5 min)
Welcoming speech – VVIP (if any) (10 min)
Opening Gambit (10 min)
Tea break and VVIP visiting exhibition booths (30 min)
1030 – 1115: Keynote lecture – Present Challenges and Issues Confronting the Pest Management Industry and Vector Control in Asia (Prof Chow-Yang Lee, Universiti Sains Malaysia)
1115 – 1215: Session 1: Urban and Public Health IPM in Perspectives (2 presentations)
- What the world would be like without pest management (Prof Faith Oi, University of Florida).
- The principle of urban IPM (Prof Michael Rust, University of California-Riverside).
1215 – 1330: Lunch
1330 – 1530: Session 2: IPM in Public Health (4 presentations)
- The surveillance of arboviruses and IPM programme against vector mosquitoes in Australia (Dr Stephen Doggett, Westmead Hospital, Sydney, Australia).
- Community Engagement for Wolbachia – a New Technology (Dr Christina Liew, National Environmental Agency, Singapore).
- IPM against dengue and Zika vectors in Thailand (Prof Theeraphap Chareonviriyaphap, Kasetsart University, Thailand).
- Books, backpacks and bugs: IPM in public schools (Prof Faith Oi, University of Florida, Gainesville, USA).
1530 – 1600: Tea break
1600 – 1800: Session 3: New Innovations in pest management (4 presentations)
- Sponsor speaking slot (Bayer)
- Sponsor speaking slot (BASF)
- SMART SYSTEM – Intelligent Solution for Sustainable Rodent Management (Dr Foo Foong Kuan, Anticimex Singapore).
- Application of the Principles of Integrated Pest Management (IPM) to High Dependency sectors including digital platforms for data capture and analysis (Jon Thompson, Rentokil Initial).
23 November 2017
0830 – 1030: Session 4: IPM in buildings and structures (4 presentations)
- German cockroaches: Effective management of large infestations (Prof Dini Miller, Virginia Tech, Blacksburg, USA).
- IPM and Bed Bug Control: the importance of an industry standard (Dr Stephen Doggett, Westmead Hospital, Sydney, Australia).
- Managing subterranean termites in the urban settings (Prof Michael Rust, University of California, Riverside).
- Why bed bug resistance is driving our need for effective non-chemical control methods (Prof Dini Miller, Virginia Tech, Blacksburg, USA).
1030 – 1100: Tea break
1100 – 1230: Session 5: IPM and Pest Management Business (3 presentations)
- The Fundamentals for a Successful Merger in the Pest Industry (Ola Nordh, Anticimex Group)
- How do Mergers and Acquisitions play a role in the strategic management of a business? (Tony Poulsen, Rentokil Initial)
- Sponsor speaking slot (Ensystex)
1230 – 1330: Lunch
1330 – 1530: Session 6: IPM in Industrial Facilities (4 presentations)
- Rodent IPM in Factories, Manufacturing Plants and Warehouses
(Dr Bobby Corrigan, RMC Consulting).
- IPM program against stored product insects in food plants in Japan (Tomoki Sumino, Nippon Calmic Ltd, Japan).
- Sponsor speaking slot (Fuji Flavor)
- Sponsor speaking slot (Sherwood)
1530 – 1600: Tea break
1600 – 1700: Session 7: IPM in Commercial Facilities (2 presentations)
- Rodent IPM in supermarkets and shopping malls (Dr Bobby Corrigan, RMC Consulting, USA).
- IPM implementation in big buildings for 9 years in Japan (Dr Motokazu Hirao, Japan Pest Control Association).
1900 – 2230: Gala dinner and closing ceremony.
24 November 2017 – AIB International Certification Program
0900 – 1700: Training for AIB Certification